2. Usage and Access Conditions
The content on the WDCC websites including the metadata to describe the data products is defaulted under Creative Commons Zero (CC0) unless otherwise noted. (https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/public-domain/cc0/). The usage conditions of the individual data products are defined via the license which is explicitly noted in the describing metadata. The access conditions are specified under “Access constraints” and “Download permission”.
Scientific journal articles or other written scientific works that are in any way (in whole or in parts) based on data provided by the WDCC, shall include a citation to the data source. Citation Examples:
The WDCC data collection described at https://www.wdc-climate.de/ui/entry?acronym=CMAQ_CCLM_HZG_2008 has the following citation:
Neumann, Daniel; Matthias, Volker; Bieser, Johannes; Aulinger, Armin (2017). Concentrations of gaseous pollutants and particulate compounds over Northwestern Europe and nitrogen deposition into the North and Baltic Sea in 2008. World Data Center for Climate (WDCC) at DKRZ. https://doi.org/10.1594/WDCC/CMAQ_CCLM_HZG_2008
The data collection https://www.wdc-climate.de/ui/entry?acronym=C6CMTHCIE has the citation:
Huang, Wenyu (2022). IPCC DDC: THU CIESM model output prepared for CMIP6 CMIP. World Data Center for Climate (WDCC) at DKRZ. https://www.wdc-climate.de/ui/entry?acronym=C6CMTHCIE
4. Personal Account
Upon request (https://www.wdc-climate.de/ui/register) the WDCC provides a personal user account with assigned username and password. Entitled persons are researchers and other individuals with a specific interest in climate data. The WDCC reserves the right to decide on registration requests and on withdrawing existing user accounts, eg. in the case of an unauthorized data usage.
It is the sole responsibility of the user to control the dissemination and use of the password, control access to and use of the account. The WDCC will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from the user failing to comply with this provision. Each user agrees to immediately notify the WDCC via
email@example.com any unauthorized use of the password.
6. Liability / Warranty
- The data distributed by the WDCC are provided without a warranty of any kind. The user is aware that the data were created with the best care and attention according to the current state of science and technology.
- The content on the WDCC user interface was created with best care and attention and will be updated on a regular basis. The WDCC does not accept liability for the quality, topicality or completeness of the data and contents provided and their suitability for specific purposes. There is no liability of the WDCC for any harm arising from the distribution and subsequent processing of the data products.
- The disclaimer under 6. (6.1 and 6.2) does not apply if and in so far as the WDCC has acted with gross negligence or with intent.
7. Severability and Place of Jurisdiction